Saturday, September 21, 2024

Safari Midi Skirt and Black Ribbed Top

After making two pants and reserving fabric for a third pair, I still got some cotton left to make a midi skirt. A priori, it seemed like a perfect match.


I looked through all my magazines for the perfect pattern, and finally I found one in an old Patrones. I hacked the pockets, changing them from jeans to smart pants pockets. 


The fabric was sparse, and I had to use another cotton shirting to make even the pockets facing. There was enough to make the side cargo-style pocket, with some snaps included.

It came up as awesome as I had envisioned, and the fabric was indeed the perfect match for this pattern, I love this skirt, and I am wearing it often. 

The only thing that I do not like is the back yoke. I tried to improve it, but I did not manage to make it gracious. 

Also from some remnant left from another project, I draped this top directly over my dress form, cutting the fabric on it, and sewing it directly after. I added some strips to finish the neck line in front and back, and also for under the arms, where it continued to create the straps. It is absolutely perfect, comfortable and becoming, my size spot on.


My top goes perfect with the safari skirt, and the Guess stilettos I bought in Prague, second hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?