We were in London last May and this is my 1st project with the fabrics I bought there, in Ray Stitch to be exact. This is a soft and fluid black interlock. I've washed in the machine once with very good outcome. I love interlock and I am always imagining projects with it, specially in black.
This was inspired, again, by Saint and Sophia website. They had the exact same thing. I decided to use an old Burda Style pattern for the trouser part, because it has an elasticated band at the waist, which the model had. I hackered the pockets, making them vertical instead of horizontal.
For the bodice, I used antother Burda pattern, this one from a jumpsuit too, the Twill Mono 107, that I had used before. In this, I transported the bust dart to the underbust and made it gathering it in to the trousers elasticated waist, as I made the back vertical darts and the trousers back darts, everything gathered with the ellasticated band t the waist. I aslo drew a new neck closing and a new neck band.
I installed a nice chunky zipper, taking good care to stitch it properly, specially at the bottom, and enclosing it inside the finished neck.
It turned out perfect, comfortable, ellegant and cool. Eternal piece of clothing.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Wanna comment?