My beloved husband never needs anything. But I know better, of course. Sometimes, an anrmy poncho or a plastic 1-use reincoat are not ideal.
So, I decided to make the perfect raincoat form him.

First, the perfect fabric: sustainable, comfortable, goodlooking and waterproof English oilcloth from Merchant&Mills: Black Organic Cotton Dry Oilskin. With 245 g/m is the perfect weight for a raincoat.
Then, the perfect pattern. I used Burda Style's parca for women and removed the skirt A.shape, made the sleeves to fit him and placed the waist tie is his waist.
I also changed the pockets, making diagonal flap covers with only one button.
I encased carefully all the seams using thick poliester Gutermann thread and installed Prym snaps.
I made it slowly and with most care, and it ended up perfect.
I even made a small bag to put it inside, so that he can wear it as a small backpack.
Very proud of this one, it's perfect.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Wanna comment?