Sunday, September 6, 2026

Palmtrees Jumpsuit



Well, it's a funny story about how I got the fabric for this project, and with it, the inspiration. 

I saw this fabric in a Catalan website, labelled as Liberty Tana Lawn, at 15 €/m. I jumped at the bargain and bought 2 m to make this wonderful jumpsuit I'd seen in Burda Magazine. I have this thing wiht jumpsuits, the other day I recounted them and I have 8 jumpsuits in my wardrobe, sleeveless, short-sleeved, long sleeved, jersey and woven fabrics... it seems I have never enough jumpsuits. 


Well, when I received the fabric I realized it did not have the shine, the precision of colours and the hand of liberty, although it is a good cotton in a very close weight. I contacted the shop and, after insisting a 2nd time, they conceded it was not a real Liberty fabric and they apologised. I accepted their excurses because the price was not Liberty either, but then they gave me some postordering discount of 25 % as it had been a remnant. In fact, it was the last 2 m I'd bought. 

We ll, what a pitty! Liberty cotton is unique and a pleassure to sew, but I had already washed the popelin and I had the pattern from Burda ready. So,of course I made it!

I made no modifications to the pattern, but at the end I decided to obliterate the elastic belt the pattern had. It felt good being wide and loose, and I do not like to have my waist cinched. 


The final result is lovely, and above all, very comfortable, also in hot  weather, even having long pants. So, I guess this is going to be a staple in my wardrobe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?