Friday, June 17, 2011

1958 Simplicity Pattern

I am really proud with this dress because it took a long time to find an apropiate fabric and pattern. I was really inspired before watching Mad Men, but the TV show only encoured me more to make this vintage dress. I found the printed pattern in ebay (from Canada), and I must say it was perfect and easy to follow, in spite of some complicated parts. The fabric is a thick cotton with some elastan in it, which makes it more confortable to wear, and the pattern is just lovely. I only wish I had a thinner waist, because I don't really feel like wearing a girdle, in spite of the new materials or the celebs revealing them under perfect shaped bodies...(http://www.spanx.com/)
Here I'm wearing it with high Nine West black sandals, really confortable to walk with despite the very high heels.

2 comments:

  1. I believe Celia was wearing something similar when she decided to be an adulturess whore

    ReplyDelete

Wanna comment?