Well, I found a pattern which, with some modifications, could be what I imagined for my fabric.
The main changes were three:
- Adding a hidden waist band to keep the dress in its place.
- Enlarging the bodice 4cm to get to my waist (the pattern has a high waist).
- I changed the bust darts, and made them regular bust darts from waist to bust point. I did this with the help of my dressmaker, placing the darts at the same point of the skirt darts.
After so many modifications, and a result that is just OK but not wonderful, makes that pattern not really a keeper. Next time, I will test another pattern or make my own, for a dress cut at the waist. But meanwhile, I have yet another dress for next spring.
Here I am wearing it with my new Pedro Miralles low boots and a leather belt.