which is proving to be really impressive and worth it. I have only had time for the first 5 projects, but I can already apply the newly acquired learning to my sewing projects.
The first project is a tunic; which I did wrong, thinking it was whole front and back, when it was only half of each.
This is a study on breast darts. Much more easier and graphic than the horizontal paper alternative!!On top of that, I believe new learnings are better acquired if applied with a real purpose, so I plan to use the projects the book presents to me as real sewing projects whenever possible. And this presented as a wonderful possibility. I had some remaining fabric from my last dress. It is a wonderful cotton Liberty print fabric, not to be disregarded, and it was perfect for the Classic Bodice Bust Dart project:
The book gives you graffic ideas of how to transfer the studies to actual clothes. This was a blouse with a bust dart, no waist shaping and a bias neck-bow piece.
This is the pattern as I made it over my dress form. I invented the armscyes and the neck-cut, but in fact I pretty much followed the book suggestions.
And this is the result. With a deep-blue background, it is screaming for some jeans to go with, poor thing.
When I was draping my pattern, I put a little on at the waist. To be able to visualize that and do it there! is great. I love that!
This is a blouse to put in your suitcase for holidays in warm places. Really wearable.
The fabric was so scarce, I had to attach different pieces to make the bias neck tie.