Friday, February 2, 2018

Turquoise Cushions

I finally finished my cushions, hurray!
I started them in August and they took forever to finish: 6 months!!! Probably because they were too boring and I never found moments to knit... 
Also, I had doubts during the process that they would become nice at all, but now that they are finished and in my sofa, I love them. They are beautiful, and sweet to the touch.
I used the wonderful Shiny Happy Cotton by Wool & the Gang, which is wonderful, thick (5.5 mm needles) and brilliant, gorgeous. I will knit a black sweater with that cotton, and probably more things!

The pattern is mine (you can read it in my Ravelry page), invented by yours trully. I had this idea to create texture, and I think it is lovely now that I see them finished.
Once finished, grafted at the end, washed and blocked, I constructed a white cotton base with the zipper included, with the apropiate measures. Then, I put it inside each knitted cushion and secured it with pins along both sides of the zipper. Finally I stitched it by hand with a back stitch, and done!

1 comment:

Wanna comment?