Monday, April 9, 2018

Organic Pink Sweatshirt Cotton Tracksuit

I ordered this organic C. Pauli sweatshirt cotton at Ecological Textiles, in The Netherlands, a very nice online shop, with good products at good prices. I love my jersey organic, specially when it is not so expensive: the touch to the skin is soft and nice, and I like to know I am taking care of my planet. 
At the begining I only wanted to make the top, but I ended up having a lot of extra fabric becasue this piece is extrawide. I could have squeezed it in one metre if not for the hood, so I ended up ordering 2 metres (no partials possible), and when it was on the cutting table I realised I could also make me some pants. Note that I do not like the two pieces going together (I only put them on for these pictures), the top is to go with blue jeans or leggins and the pants are great with a basic black T-shirt.
For the top, I used again my Universal T-shirt pattern, because I wanted raglan sleeves. I added a hoodie (this is a personal addition to this originally Burda pattern), and a couple of centimetres in all the seams to make it bigger. 
As for the pants, this pattern is a rub-off from some old tracksuit pants of mine, and this is the second rendition I make out of it. I made them extra long, preventing some shrinking.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?