Sunday, March 10, 2019

Pink Corduroy Pinafore - A Failure Story


 Not all makes are successful. Sometimes they become art masterworks and sometimes they are a loss of time and money. Like in this case. 
I found this gorgeous dust pink corduroy in Soff & Still in Goteborg, in our last holidays. I though it would be perfect to replicate a black corduroy pinafore I made many years ago and I totally love.
So I dig in my pattern stash to look for the pattern and there it was, a thin tracing paper bundle with saying "pinafore". 

I enjoyed making it, felling the seams, topstitching it with pink thread, putting the buttons with the hammer... everything was fine... 
... until the moment of wearing it. It makes me fat, probably because of the colour, becasue the black one makes me look slim as a spaguetti. 
Why did I think I needed another version of the same piece? Only changing the colour is not reason enough to have a duplicated pinafore, becasue I will always choose the slimering one. 
So please, future me, learn your lesson. One piece of each is enough. So when you think, for example, that that wonderful Joni dress would be lovely in a dark blue velvet, remember: nope.
See The Pink Corduroy Mini Skirt Modification

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?