Sunday, October 25, 2020

Liberty Pants


 This is another glorious excuse to sew with Liberty Tana Lawn fabric. Last summer I made some shorts with the remnant of a dress, and they were so amazing to wear that the need to have some long trousers made with it became irresistible. My problem with wide trousers is that they are not becoming to my protuberant abdomen, so I came up with a solution: to make a jersey low waist yoke, which would embrace my belly and hold the pants in place as if it were a waistband. 



I used a me made pattern (following Aldrich's book instructions for the easy trouser block), which I had to narrow to fit it into my sparse 1 m fabric. 

It took several fittings to adjust to the waist band, which I had to place at the right spot, right under my protuberant abdomen. I used some cotton jersey elasticated with spandex. 



Well the result is gorgeous, comfortable and very practical to wear inside (we must ineligibly think about another confinement) and outside. They will also be perfect to travel whenever it will be possible again. 






1 comment:

Wanna comment?