Sunday, June 20, 2021

Flowery Viscose Long Buffet Dress

 In this case, the term came to me after the inspiration for the dress, which may have been the Amelia Dress, or longer versions of the Hinteland, the Mysostis or the Orla dresses... that is to say, I dreamed with a darted, fitted bodice, three quarter sleeves and a long gathered, tiered skirt. Watching The Sewing Bee, I learned the term "buffet dress", which according to Rachel, from The Fold Line, was their own invention! 

After searching everywhere for a pattern that suited my mental idea and finding none, I resolved to hack a previous bodice and sleeves, which I love, to make it open and buttoned and the center front. 

I left the back darts open, for it to be wide enough to pass on and off, and added a knotted belt of the sabe fabric sewn in the back waist. 

 As for the skirt, I used the Orla dress, or rather, I cut a rectangle 170 cm wide (all the fabric width) and 80 cm long, and finally added a two 170 x 25 cm tiers at the bottom, one for the front and another one for the back. 

I had to find the perfect give in the bodice, but with some trial and error found the perfect amount at the waist and bodice. 

I love this dress. It is absolutely perfect in all senses. It is going to be very wearable at my job in the school, specially during all those months between hot and cold. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?