Sunday, October 17, 2021

Sade Blouse in Organic Jersey

 I cannot remember where I bought this wonderful organic jersey... but just before the summer began (I could not wear it until now, in autumn) I had the inspiration of making the Sade blouse from the Named book Breaking the Pattern, which is proving quite useful.

This is a blouse for warm weather, its long sleeves being open, and it is thought for woven fabrics, but I decided this sporty grey jersey with black shiny laces would  be nice, and it really did. 

I made the pattern with no modifications at all, stitching it directly with the machine, skipping basting it. I simply left 2 cm around every piece. This is the preferred method in American and English patterns, but I always take the seam allowances off the paper patterns and do it the proper way. Even when I do it the fast way, I prefer the pattern to be REAL, and leave the seam allowances around it when I cut it with my scissors. 

The result is awesome... maybe the pictures are not up to my self-image wearing it. I felt sophisticated and comfortable, and I got some compliments. 

A total success. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?