Sunday, October 3, 2021

Long Pink Linen Jersey Dress

 I bought this fabric online just because i thought it was awesome aesthetically as well as in terms of composition (linen+viscose). When it arrived, I was glad to see it combined perfectly with some Liberty cotton I had acquired in the same order, so I planned a wrapped jacket to go with the dress in changing weather. 

Then, one day I was breakfasting in a bar for rich ladies (I love to go there as a mole), and I saw a lady wearing a long pales ping jersey, sleeveless, long jersey dress. I thought it was nice, but some hours later, I was hit by sudden inspiration:I had the perfect fabric!

For the pattern, I used the "rub off" technique to copy an old dress of mine that I love. 

Since the fabric is too sheer, I used some pale pink thin jersey lining fabric to make a slip that, at the same time, served the purpose of  facings for neck opening and armholes. 

The result is stunning, I love it. After wearing, it three times, it has become longer, and I will have to take 3 or 4 cm off the bottom hem, it is too long. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?