Sunday, May 15, 2022

Pink Ginger Jeans


 I immersed in this quest for the perfect jeans. I have made several attempts, some of them great, but not perfect. I like these, although I must wear them always with a belt and I lost the pattern. I also love these, but they are very low cut at the waist. These were all my own patterns and for a change, I wanted to try a commercial pattern. I follow Lladybird, and she inspired me towards the Ginger Jeans, which have a mid rise waist that seemed perfect. I thought they had much potential. 


I bought this fabric from Stoff&Still. The colour and thickness is perfect. It is too elastic for my taste, though. It could work for really skinny jeans, and I intend to use the black version of it for another pair of jeans for my partner, but this will be it. They feel too rubbery when I wear them, they have too much give, and they need a belt not to fall down, although they were really tight the first time I wore them, or at least the first hour, haha...


The pattern is nice. They are cut to reach just under the navel, and that is a sweet spot for me. I made size 12, and they are OK, although I had to take a couple of cms off at low hips and now that I think of it, I could easily go one size down. I'll try it out in my next pair. I have good denim fabric in my stash, and I intend to continue pursuing my quest for the perfect jeans. Not quite there yet.





Here I am also wearing my black cotton shirt. I used the same pattern as in my previous white one. I love this pattern, it is a perfect wear to work in warm weather, comfortable and becoming, and I wear them both -the white and the black one- often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?