Sunday, October 2, 2022

Circuit Dress in English Embroided White Cotton

 I had the inspiration for this piece in the Formula1 Gran Prix, held at Circuit de Montmeló, Barcelona. It was last June, and we were under a heatwave that lasted most of last summer. It was so hot, it was dangerous. I then mentally designed a dress that had to cover my skin being fresh, using this thin cotton that has small holes for ventilation.

I found the fabric in Firenze, during my holidays in Tuscany. This is the second (out of five) fabric I use from the shopping in wonderful Bacci Tessutti (as the viscose in my last entry), and it was also 10 cm shorter that ordered. 

The pattern is from BurdaStyle, although I hacked it to include the flounce all around the bottom of the skirt and one of its sides up. 

This pattern is made for a woven fabric, but it does not have any darts to shape the waist. Only side breast darts. Maybe (I cannot make up my mind) I should add some, at least in the side crossed over the other, but I can tie the belt in the front and then that solves the matter. 

In these pictures I tied it only at the back, though. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?