Saturday, November 5, 2022

Linen-Viscose Sleeveless Jumpsuit



Inspiration came from the Durban Jumpsuit pattern from Megan Nielsen

In a trip to Zaragoza this summer, we visited a fabric shop in the centre and I bought a couple of fabrics, this being one. This is a wonderful linen and viscose mix that immediately called to me for the Durban reproduction. 

I chose a jumpsuit from BurdaStyle magazine to start, with the following modifications:

  • Close the armscye to make it sleeveless.
  • Cutting the centre front and adding a button and buttonholes packet from the neck opening to the crotch.
  • I planned to leave the waist darts open to get that loose effect of the Durban, but then decided to leave them closed and fitted to my non-existing waist. 
To my surprise, this fabric was only 150 cm wide and I had to make the legs way narrower if I wanted it to fit. So I decided to try it first with the Liberty fabric, with which I wanted another jumpsuit (I appear to be suffering a jumpsuit fever, but I am restraining myself nowadays. A short jumpsuit is on my mind for summer, even when I have one already) with narrow legs. I ended up making them not that narrow in the Liberty one, and then I could cut it in the linen-viscose taking 4 cm off all the bottom seams and up to the hips, 1 cm narrower in all seams there. 

This neck is far better than the Liberty, which I screwed, and this crotch was lower, although 2 cm higher than the Burda Pattern. 


When I tried it on, it was lovely with darts, so I decided to leave them closed. It looked great, but it was itchy as hell. I have very sensitive skin for itchy fabrics. 

That day, I went to sleep with that problem in mind, and I decided it had to be lined. A soft back viscose lining fabric would be made to function as facing in armholes, neck and front opening. I made the lining with short legs. 


It's a great piece to go to work. Comfortable, elegant and suiting to my figure. I love it with my Sewdish Hasbeens. I am in love with my Swedinsh Hasbeens. 


Great pattern by Burda. Thanks to my Bibliobús

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?