Saturday, November 5, 2022

Skinny Jeans for My Love


I am proud of this wonderful and successful project. When I sew for my love, The piece must be perfect, or he is going to spot the mistakes or unfitting part right away in the first fitting. I always consult him about my own projects, which I always submit to his meticulous examination and he always, ALWAYS sees the faults, even the smallest ones or the ones I almost forgive. I can accept some compromise most of the time, but he is implacable, specially when clothes are for himself.

I bought this denim elastic fabric in Stoff and Stil. Their denim is famous for having a lot of give, and this was perfect for this project, and also the weight of the fabric, only 10,5 oz. 

For the pattern, I took some old skinny jeans, and I replicate them with the rub-off method I leaned in the Jean-Ius course. 

This kind of very skinny jeans require a lot of trial and error to achieve the perfect fit. So, I basted them, tried them on (with fly and front and back pockets completed) and stitched first the inner seams and then the outer seam, giving some and taking off some until the feeling, standing up and seated, were perfect, like a glove. 

They are not perfect, the front pockets are cut too deep, because I had to raise the waist (which is always short in these rubbed-off jeans). Next time I will have to have that into account. 

For the rest, they are perfect, cool and comfortable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?