Sunday, January 15, 2023

Mitchell Trousers in Black Wool Crêpe


Gorgeous pattern in a gorgeous fabric... not resulting into a gorgeous piece of clothing, because this is not the best becoming pattern to my figure, go figure. But I do not care, and I will wear them, cause if I do not take pictures of myself and I do not look in the mirror, I love to wear them and the feel of them. 

I decided to purchase this pattern for this black wool crêpe I bought in Bacci Tessutti, in Firenze, last summer. 


I decided to make a smaller size, since the Ginger jeans became too big for me. At the end I had to give some more room to the waist, but they were perfect in the hips. 

Apart from the same old issues I have with commercial individual patterns (aka, pricing, arduous job of printing, cutting, assembling, never properly assemble, retrace without seam allowances) and all that, it is a good pattern. Instructions are pretty good, except for the zip opening, which I did not completely grasp and made wrong somehow, although it proved right, because I needed the extra room in the tummy area after all.



I also added self encased seams everywhere, as I always do, and bias binding around the silk pocket bags and waist facings. 

I absolutely love wool crêpe fabric, and I would love to make a black blazer with it, but it does not iron well, and that in a tailored jacket could be bad. 



I have yet to make some upper piece to wear with them, like a thick short-waisted knit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?