
I bought this gorgeous silk crepe in The New Craft House, in Hackney, London. Originally, its purpose was lining, but it was at good price (22 pounds!), and I decided to buy 6 m. Finally, I only bought one wool jacket fabric, instead of the two I'd planned (at Ray Stitch), so some ideas started appearing in my dessigner mind, like a slip dress with some lace on the neck cut and around the bottom, and also the deep side cuts.
I looked throughout all my magazines and finally I found this pattern in an old Patrones. It had a dessigner's name on it, so I decided to give it a go, despite my low level of trust in Patrones patterns.
It turned out to be just perfect, and I saw it at first fitting, which was like a glove, perfect, with the precise amount of give around my body. I just thought, sew well, not to spoil such a good piece.
I decided to make a double top piece, all around, and skip the zip and the centre back, since I could slip it on quite effortlessly.
Well, it is perfect. It looks lovely, and I can't wait to wear it with a smart jacket, for example.
The heavy crepe is gorgeous, as we can see when the sun shines on it.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Wanna comment?