Inspiration: I've been seeing all those barrelled skirts, and It seemed a good idea because it saves you fabric, the barrel shape. 75 cm wide is just enough for a gathered at the waist skirt and some A shaping but not much. So I could pull this one out of less than a metre of fabric.
I bought the linen in Porto, which is the loveliest city, with the loviliest linen in Armazém dos Linhos, where I was guided in the most professional, expert and kind manner. I also made some shorts out of it, which I will report later.
The pattern was, squaring the fabric left from said shorts, and cutting 2 wedges at the sides, 7 or 8 cm tappering down for 30 cm to zero.
The elastic at the waist played out to be tricky. After trying a couple of simpler options, I had to go wtih a triple topstitched channel with a narrow elastic going through the middle and a couple of roulées attached to it and knotted in front.
At some fitting, I decided to skip the barrel shape with a couple of generous openings at the side seams, which look amazing, by the way.
As for the halter top, I was inspired by a long, red dress of mine, 15 years old. I was pondering if I should still keep it (I shall). One possibility was cutting it into a two piece... and when I decided to keep it as it is, I thought I could reproduce just the upper part as a top in black elasticated jersey fabric I'd bought also in Porto. I still had the traced paper pattern.
It is gorgeous and I love it, specially in tanned skin.
And it just looks great with the skirt.
Don't I look up to it?





No comments:
Post a Comment
Wanna comment?