Well, this is not me. A friend of mine asked if I could make her a dress for a big familly party. I was to choose the fabric (a Chanellike tweed fabric combining coral red and bone cotton) and the design.
The pattern was from Patrones magazine. In the first fitting I was happy to see that no changes were necessary. My friend has a perfectly balanced body that filled the dress to perfection.
I finished its hems with the lining, avoiding same-material facings that would have made it too thick. Thus, I stiched the lining right sides together at the neckline, trimmed the allowances and turned it inwards. I finished the armsythes by handsewing them to the fusible interfacing, and then completed sewing the lining to them also by hand, 3 mm form the rolled hem. I also saw the lining to the zipper in the back.
I followed all my new tricks learned from Shaeffer's couture techniques book, and I can easily see the good results they are giving. The final result was this masterpiece: