Saturday, January 4, 2020

Nani Iro Pussy Bow Blouse and Long Blue Corduroy Ruffled Skirt

These two pieces go well together, so they've become a tandem.
First, I used this wonderful Japanese cotton to make Sew Ove it's Pussy Bow Blouse, and its become the perfect blouse pattern in the perfect fabric. It is soft, with the perfect drape, comfortable and gorgeous. Also expensive, considering it's only 1 m wide.
The Pussy Bow Blouse is a fantastic pattern. It does not have any bust or waist darts, so it is a rectangle with bust circumference. Being rather big breasted, these kind of patterns hanging from my big boobs tend to render me fat, but in this case, I love it! The key element in the deep V-neck cut, surrounded with a bow that can be done or hang loose. That detail makes it the sassy librarian blouse style, adorable. 

Sleeves are also beautifully cut, their caps are perfect and their cuffs too. And it is simply gorgeous in this fabric. My students told me it seemed Chinese, and they were close enough, so the Japanese style of the print, with small white and silver painted over a shady blue making it seem hand painted.

Regarding the skirt, it is totally my creation. I had this corduroy that resulted too thin for a pair of trousers, and finally I came with this idea of a long skirt with a ruffle at the bottom. It's comfortable, warm, and looks nice with combat boots. Maybe it is strange for people, someone told me I seemed out of a fairy tale... and I don't know if that is good or bad. But I like it, so the rest, I do not care!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?