Sunday, January 12, 2020

Long Wool Skirt n the Bias


 I have been planning for a second long bias skirt since I made the 1st one in a wool polyester blend (some time ago, I was not so picky with fabrics, to my regret now). 
In my last trip to fabric (and music concerts going) shopping in London, I found this gorgeous Lady McElroy wool chenille in The Village Haberdashery at about 14 Euros the metre. Pure wool in black and white, with a speck of pink. It cannot be more gorgeous. I was doing some calculation in the shop and finally I got 2 metres, which became the right amount for a long bias skirt like this.
The pattern is mine, I drafted it using Aldrich's book, and I have used it for shorter versions quite a number of times. The waist darts of the fabric are eliminated and substituted by flare from top to bottom. The fact that it is bias cut, adds movement, drape and hang to the fabric. 

I lined it with a good rayon, put an invisible zipper on one side and a waist band to be worn in my high waist. 


The idea of the outfit, with the white blouse, came watching Divorce. S.J. Parker is often an inspiration, (notwithstanding the impossible high heels she wears all the time) and she is wearing a similar skirt with a white blouse that I found perfect. 
Not to brag, but my blouse (a perfect Burda pattern wit a bow in front, princess seams and 3/4 sleeves) is even better.
It is a dream of a skirt. It looks gorgeous with white, and also with a black top. With a wool channel jacket or with a black leather biker. With chunky high heels, like in this pictures, but also with combat boots.
Wearing it, I feel like a queen, with the skirt moving from side to side when I walk. Plus, it is very comfortable and warm.
A jewel in my wardrobe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?