Sunday, February 9, 2020

Organic Sweatshirt Stella Hoodie Dress

 Kind of a disappointment, this one, to be honest. I had, as usual, the highest expectatives, but at the end, it turned out a not flattering piece of clothing, probably because the fabric, a C. Pauli organic sweatshirt that had proved likewise in a previous project (does one ever learn from mistakes?). Being it gorgeous on the table, it lacks hang, or weight, if you know what I mean, for a project like this. Maybe the pattern was not the best choice, not for the fabric (it is a perfect match, I think), but for my figure. I know from experience that dresses that hang down from my big boobs make me fat, excuse my language. 


Those designs that get closer to the waist by means of darts, or cut pieces, or whatever method, tend to swuit me better than those that hang loose from my boobs, for obvious reasons. 


Having said that, let me comment on the pattern, which seemed a wonderful idea by Tilly and the Buttons, published in her book Stretch, which is great and really worth it if you like sewing with jersey and knits. This is a variation of a shorter and sleeved jumper, and my second project from the book. The first was so amazing, my expectations were rocket high. 

The sizing is spot on, the instructions wonderful (although I take the seam allowances off patterns, mark them with tailor tucks into the fabric, baste them and fit them before I machine-stitch anything.

Well, we will see how often I wear this. It is comfortable for work, and it has got the righ amount of warm without being too much, so it might be successfull. We will see!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?