Thursday, January 15, 2015

Flower Power


This is another very simple and quick to do design, but still a wonderful piece of clothing. I got this flowery jersey in a remnant shop we have in our town, where you can buy industry leftovers by weight. It cost me 3 or 4 euros, the fabric.
I used my own skirt pattern, which is proving to be priceless, and very versatile. I simply cut it sorter, and gave 10 cm more of bell shape to each side. I cut it on bias. Like with the previous jersey pieces, I zigzagged the seam allowances, put an elastic band inside the waist, and sew the hem by machine sewing it.
Today I wore it at my school, and it felt just perfect, comfortable, simple, and yet, beautiful.

This was my inspiration. I can't wait for the weather to allow me to wear it with my denim jacket! This is gathered at the waist, but I thought I could do without more volume in my waist ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?