Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Leather Pouf



This is something I planned to do this summer and... mission accomplished!
We have this Ikea pouf we love and use a lot. Some years back I made a cover with faux leather that was totally worn-out, so I had to make another.
This time I decided to use real leather, so I bought a couple of goat bombed skins online.
I simply dismantled the old cover and used it as a pattern.
My Bernina and its walking foot worked perfectly well to assemble and stitch the pieces together... but for the top-stitching on top, where the bulky leather has to be put under the needle, I needed a professional sewing machine for leather. Fortunately, my neighbour has one and she allows me to use it when I need it. Thank you, Delfina!
The pouf looks gorgeous and strong for a bunch of years to come if we are lucky!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?