Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Fabric and Yarn Shopping in Sweden

I can't say what I like the most: travelling or sewing...?
But definetely buying fabric when I travel is one of my favourite passtimes, I swear!
This summer we visited Sweden and we lived there pretending we were cool Swedes for 15 days. It was awsome. Al I want now is Swedish Hasbeens and Volvos. Really.

Seamstress' shop in SOFO, Stockholm
Frivolities apart, I had to buy emergency linen yard in Stockholm, the first morning after my arrival. I visited three shops, but I totally fell in love with Litet Nystan. All that Nordic Sweaters, FTLOG!!!
Litet Nystan
 I inmediately found a linen-cotton-viscose that was perfect for the skirt I wanted to make. I did not bring my yarn from home, because it was a last-day surprise to find out that in top-down knitted sweters you start the sleeves attached to the bodice, so I could not take a sleeve for my travels. I was very happy knitting around the parks and boats in Stockholm, as I was in the beach some weeks later.

Inspiration...
...in Stokholm

 Going to the yarn shop I discovered that Sankt Paulsgatan was in fact the fabric and yarn district. 
2 cotton jerseys bought at Tygverget
 I bought some fabric in Tygberket, a very well supplied shop at good price, in Swedish terms.
Then we went to live for some days to a cabin in the woods, in the lake. I was happy knitting in that cabin!

Awesome yarn shop in Goteborg city centre.
When we arrived at Goteborg, I did a little research with my magic phone and I told my love we had to take a bus 10 minutes out of the city to go to Stoff & Stil.  


4 items bought for a total of 60 Eur. (yeah!!!)

It was SO WORTH IT! I hit the summer sale and everything was 50 % off!!! I checked everything out, but quickly... only selecting those items I could NOT leave behind: organic velvet, blue/white gingham, dark blue and dust pink corduroy.
Stoff & Stil in Goteborg
  I did not have space in my suitcase! What a wonderful, well equiped and stashed shop!

Stoff & Stil, yarn section
 Stainless steel counters, they had computers reading the label of a fabric and producing a sticker with all the product data, inlcuding the washing directions. AWESOME.
Very happy with my Swedish shopping!
Now, let's sew!

Inspiration in Prague, summer 2018



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?