Saturday, September 22, 2018

Knitted Skirt

What an adventure it was to knit this skirt!
I did not plan it to be my holiday travels ongoing project, but the day before parting to Sweden by plane, I realized I could not take a sleeve of the jumper I was making with me, because it was a top-down project, and you knit the sleeves attached to the bodice on those (I didn't know that!). 

So, it was luggage packing day and I decided I'd knit a skirt pattern I had in my Katia magazine. I took a picture of the pattern with my phone and left.
The day after we arrived to Stockholm I had my saint of a boyfriend trotting beside me looking for yarn shops.

 I found a very similar linen/viscose/cotton yarn for the same needle number and some circular needles. Next day I was going to start when I realized my pattern picture was blurred! I wrote to Katia explaining my live and death situation and they sent me a copy of the pattern to my phone straight away. Hooray for technology and good people on the planet!

Now, I had to do some serious calculations! The original Katia yarn was 16 sts to 10cm and this was 20. 
I was knitting happily in Stockholm, in Grimnäs, in Goteborg, in Prague, Trutnov and Calella de Palafrugell. I continued working on it in my place during my other holiday month at home. I finished just in time to wear it the first day of class and for an important family reunion. 

I love it.

It has a problem though. After all day sitting on it, the stitches under my behind look flat and open. I can be solved tucking it length wise or washing, but the second time I wore it I tried to sit less on it, if it was possible. Pity. Not perfect. But gorgeous.
See the technical data in my Ravelry.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?