Sunday, November 25, 2018

Black Cotton Knitted Pullover


Well, well, well... another pullover finished!
I am really really happy with this jumper, I could wear it every day. 


After knitting three wool pullovers and realizing I do not live in Sweden, neither I work in the open, I decided to use thick cotton for my next winter knitted pullover. Cotton is not so warm as wool, but not so delicate neither. You can wash it in the washing machine with the rest of your clothes (only you better dry it flat), you can wear it directly over your skin, because it is not itchy at all, as we all know. All the wool I have tried is itchy to wear it directly on your skin. Cotton is not very warm, but when it is as thick as this, it is enough for a day indoors in my whereabouts. 

 
To find a thick enough cotton was not an easy task. I wanted it thick for the extra warmth and also because I wanted it to be black, and my knitting advisor told me that knitting black yarn is not easy for one's eyes. So I got myself a pair of silver metallic 5.5 circular needles, and went on to it. 


As it turned out, it was a very nice and pleasant project to make. The only cotton matching my criteria was Happy Shiny Cotton by Wool and the Gang. I was patient to wait for a good sale on their site, and BOOM!, it was mine for 56 Euros, hahaha!!!


Another advantage of this cotton is that it is very fast to knit, but it still looks delicate and drapes well.
I like to learn a new trick in every knitting project, and this time I decided to give Ann Budd's Top-Down Sweaters Book a try. As with the previous one, it was perfect. I could follow the charts painlessly, and the final fit, as you can see, is spot on.


So, very happy with my knew black thick cotton pullover. I will use again Ann Budd's book, and WATG's cotton again, I hope!

Here My Ravelry project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?