Thursday, November 8, 2018

Black Organic Cotton Long Hooded Dress


This is another of my practical makes. I like to travel abroad in long dresses and I needed a winter version. This is also a dress to quickly put on to go outside for some short errand. I expect to wear it a lot.
 














The fabric is simply gorgeous: organic black intelock. Soft, great drape, heavy, great colour and a very good price, I totally recommend it.

I used my "Universal T-shirt" pattern, very similar to the Frankie pattern in Tilly's book. I wanted to try that one out, but why change things if they are perfect? And this pattern IS perfect for me. So, here we go for the hundredth time.
Since the fabric is Dutch, my recent trip to Amsterdam was a perfect excuse to model it.


I only spent two half days in Amsterdam, but I was able to go fabric-shopping. First, we went to Alber Cuyp market. There are 4 or 5 fabric stores there. I specailly liked Nannuci Tessuti, they had a lovely Liberty tara lawn cotton selection at good price. I bought some silk lining at a shop specialized in silk only.



Next morning we went to Nieuwe Hoogstraat, where there are a bunch of wonderful fabric and yarn shops. 

I bought a future wool/cashmere jacket for only 63 Euros. A bargain. I could have bought lots and lots, but I am saving money to buy a new car and I am being a good girl sewing from my little stash. :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?