Sunday, May 21, 2023

Trip to Utrecht

 Some weeks ago, on May the 1st weekend, we travelled to The Netherlands for a music festival in Hengelo. We decided to travel light, so we only carried one handbag under the seat each. But our bags are smaller than the measures allowed, so I decided to use the oilskin I bought in Merchant & Mills to make two bags of the maximum measures allowed. I bought some cotton to line them and some straps and zippers for inside pockets:


After spending the night in Amsterdam, we travelled to Utrecht to visit the famous fabric market there. It was very a pleasant street full of stalls of fabric, and the prices were quite good. The quality of the fabric was not very high end, but after inspecting all the stalls twice, I managed to find some gems. There was a stall with lovely silks, another with some lovely cotton tartans and another one with nice wools. Well, here is my bounty: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?